“Inspiration, creativity, challenges solved – I love being in my kitchen. In it, I can honor traditions and still celebrate that, as a woman in business, I can have an impact both professionally and at the heart of my home.”
— Lisa Tonneson-McCorkell
Lisa Tonneson-McCorkell has over 31 years of experience in all phases of site analysis, planning and landscape architecture design. She is a LEED Accredited Professional and and SITES Accredited Professional and has the expertise required to assist with the design of sites to LEED standards and to coordinate the documentation process that is necessary for LEED certification. She also specializes in historic landscape restoration, master planning for large-scale mixed-use developments and has overseen the administration and successful completion of all project phases from site analysis and site design through construction administration.
- SUNY Orange, Newburgh Campus
- Arlington National Cemetery
- Gerald B.H. Solomon Saratoga National Cemetery
- Vermont Veterans Memorial Cemetery
Authored by Lisa:
- Grey Towers National Historic Site Facility Master Plan: A Case Study in Preservation, Development and Evolution
- The Story and Strategy Behind the Saratoga Waterfront Park
- 9 Historic Sites are Dying, But Ours Don’t Have To
- Yaddo – Embracing the Evolution of a National Historic Landmark
- The Women of Wiawaka and a Historic Master Plan
- The National Cemetery: A Journey Through Design
- Cemetery Design Solutions – 3 Historic Cemetery Examples
- Uncover Opportunity in Your Historic Cemetery, 11 Strategic Steps
My favorite place is in my kitchen, whipping up treats for family and friends. I feel a special connection to the past there as memories of being with my mother, mother-in-law, nana and great-grandmother in their kitchens grounds me. But, what’s truly special about my kitchen is that it feels ‘full-circle’.
Growing up as part of the women’s rights movement, women strived to get out of the kitchen and open new doors to professional advancement. I’m proud that I’m able to have both – an impact in the professional world and the enjoyment of expressing my creativity making time-honored recipes for the people I love. From my nieces and Girl Scout troop to my son, we work together to blend traditions I cherish with new ways of sharing the bounty of local meats, cheeses, and fruit from our neighboring farms.
"This team's work is always spot on. With no surprises and impeccable service – they're a hard act to follow."
- Bill Zografos, Vice President, Cannon Design
“The LA Group’s experience and exposure to various design and planning scenarios as well as construction techniques, enable them to deliver the best solutions that exactly meet the needs of each situation.”
– Mary E. Brown, United States Department of Agriculture, Forest Service