People. Purpose. Place.
The LA Group is consistently noted for our strong work ethic, positive attitude, and collaborative approach to problem-solving. The team keeps details in order and projects on track, always delivering a straight story about our winding paths. The firm’s reputation for excellence precedes them up mountain peaks, across campuses, and down historic main streets as they design places of prestige that create or enhance cityscapes, waterfronts, campuses, and regional and national landmarks.
The LA Group also takes fun seriously. Whether it’s a perfect day at your favorite resort, a record drive on a historic golf course, or a game of Frisbee on your campus green, the firm’s projects shape experiences that leave lasting impressions.
And when it comes to honoring those who have served in the armed forces, The LA Group stands proudly among the best landscape designers in the United States, creating national and state cemeteries that bestow dignity and instill veneration.
Community involvement is the focus and foundation of The LA Group’s culture. The firm’s causes come from its core and the passions of its people because a dedicated team makes the biggest difference. The LA Group understands community. Without it, they wouldn’t be where they are. Giving back isn’t only the right thing to do, it’s the most effective way to sustain the places the team lives in and loves.
The LA Group has assisted nonprofits by providing design services, site studies and evaluations, fundraising support, and staff volunteering since its foundation. It was also one of the first firms in Upstate New York to join The 1% Program, launched by Public Architecture in 2005. Through the program, The LA Group has provided thousands of hours to nonprofit organizations in need of design assistance.
- Adirondack Research Consortium
- Adopt a US Soldier
- Ballston Spa Central School District
- Boy Scouts of the Twin Rivers Council
- Catholic Charities of Saratoga, Warren, and Washington Counties
- The Christopher Daily Foundation for Youth Sports
- City of Glens Falls Urban Renewal Agency
- Code Blue Saratoga
- Double H Ranch
- Franklin Community Center
- Girl Scouts of Northeastern NY
- High Rock Park 9/11 Memorial
- The Hyde Collection Art Museum
- Malta Memorial Meditation Garden
- National Museum of Racing
- The NYS Federation of Lakes
- Pitney Community Farm
- Presbyterian New England Congregational Church
- Salvation Army
- Regional Food Bank of Northeastern NY
- Saratoga Bridges
- The Saratoga Center for the Family
- Saratoga County Planning Board
- Saratoga County E.O.C.
- Saratoga Economic Development Corporation
- Saratoga Hospital
- Saratoga Miss Softball
- Saratoga Regional YMCA
- Saratoga Springs City School District
- Saratoga Springs Downtown Business Association
- Saratoga Springs Lions Club
- Saratoga Springs Open Space Advisory Committee
- Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation
- Saratoga Springs Rotary Club
- Scotia-Glenville Central School District
- Adalbert’s Church
- Clement’s Church
- SUNY ESF
- Town of Ballston Recreation Commission
- Town of Glenville
- Town of Wilton Recreation Commission
- Union College
- Wiawaka Holiday House
- The Wesley Community
- Yaddo Artist Retreat
- YMCA Camp Chingachgook
Balance beauty with science.
“The LA Group’s patience and concern for each voice in the APRAP process was remarkable.”
– Bradford G. Dake, Chairman of APRAP
“The LA Group was at the literal and figurative foundation of the project; without their insight and ability to share the vision – the project would not have realized the client’s dreams and expectations.”
– Equicurean Magazine 2010, Fasig-Tipton Saratoga