Timothy R. Larson, RLA, LEED AP
Associate Principal, Landscape Architect
With over 22 years of experience, Timothy Larson is proficient in all phases of landscape architecture and design. He has extensive experience in the development of long-range community planning projects; streetscape and downtown revitalization plans; recreational facilities, waterfront, and park design; SEQRA and environmental processing/regulatory permitting; grant application assistance; and the development of community design guidelines and standards.
Timothy is also a LEED Accredited Professional, having the expertise required to assist with the design of project sites to LEED standards and to coordinate the documentation process that is necessary for LEED certification.
- Town of Malta Luther Forest Athletic Fields
- Town of Bolton Rogers Memorial Park Improvements
- Minnewaska State Park and Preserve Visitor Center and Parking Infrastructure Improvements
- Olana State Historic Site Strategic Landscape Design Plan and Implementation
- USFWS Hellcat Trail Boardwalk Replacement
- Grey Towers National Historic Site Facilities Master Plan
- Dolly Copp Campground Roads and Site Renovation
- Saratoga National Historical Park General Management Plan
- Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area Childs Park Rehabilitation
Authored by Tim:
- “Our Olana Story: The LA Group works to restore Olana State Historic Park”
- “Round Lake Preserve Opens to Public”
Much of my life I’ve been fortunate enough to live in inspirational settings. From Chautauqua Lake in the New York Southern Tier to Lake Champlain, I appreciate the natural experience a pastoral farm or expansive mountain ranges can create. That’s why one of my favorite places is Shelburne Farms, a 1,400-acre working farm and National Historic Landmark located on the shores of Lake Champlain in Shelburne, Vermont. Professionally, I enjoy its national significance as it’s a preserved example of an ornamental farm, designed in the late 19th century by Frederick Law Olmstead. Personally, it’s a place for me to take my young daughters, enriching their lives with nature, culture, and design as we learn through the Farm’s nonprofit education center and environmental stewardship.
Education, Registrations, and Certifications
- BLA, 1999 – SUNY ESF
- Registered Landscape Architect: New York, Virginia
- LEED AP
- Member of the US Green Building Council (USGBC)
- City of Glens Falls Urban Renewal Agency
- City of Glens Falls Zoning Board of Appeals (Former)