Revere. Hope. Glorify.
Stand at the top of the hill, look out across the fields and imagine Autumn 1777. It’s here that colonists forced the turning point of the American Revolution – defeating the British army at the Battle of Saratoga.
The LA Group assisted the National Park Service in creating an authentic experience for visitors from throughout the world. A new General Management Plan was created to enhance visitor education and experience. Scope of work included development of concept plans, cost estimates, design narratives, transportation analysis, socio-economic impact analysis, and facilitation of regional stakeholders to assess the feasibility of a new regional visitor center in the Old Saratoga Unit area.
Project components include:
- Feasibility analysis for development plan options
- Parking alternatives and tour road reconfiguration analysis
- Enhanced pedestrian and vehicle access to interpretive sites
- Several variations of a new visitor center facility
- Satellite maintenance facility
- Alternative transportation plan linking shuttle, vehicle, bicycle, boat and pedestrian systems
Subsequent work included Victory Woods environmental assessment, Park viewshed analysis, design of Saratoga Monument parking and access improvements, and floodplain/resource mapping. Current project includes providing planning and design services to upgrade 60 outdoor wayside exhibits and accessibility along the 10-mile scenic road throughout the battlefield.