David R. Carr, Jr. RLA, ASLA
Principal, Landscape Architect
David Carr has over 39 years of experience in all phases of site feasibility, planning and design. He oversees the firm’s commercial, residential, resort and mixed-use private development projects and also serves as project manager and site designer for many of these projects. Mr. Carr also specializes in stormwater planning and engineering along with master planning for large-scale mixed-use developments and has overseen the administration and successful completion of all project phases from site analysis and site design through construction administration.
Whether it’s hiking with family, a day trip with friends or a memorable meal at The Cottage, I most enjoy visiting the Lake Placid/High Peaks region of the Adirondacks.
My uncle had a house on Mirror Lake and we spent weekends there working on the property and skiing at Whiteface through the late 70’s and early 80’s. My wife and I honeymooned there – a short hiatus because both she and I had just accepted new jobs back in Saratoga Springs. We’ve returned several times with our three daughters over the years for figure skating events at Olympic venues, including the Empire State games.
Education, Registrations, and Certifications
- BLA, 1983 – SUNY ESF
- Registered Landscape Architect: New York
- Saratoga Springs Youth Soccer Club – Past President
- Lions Club, Saratoga Springs – Past President (Twice)
- Lions Club, Saratoga Springs – Secretary
- Saratoga Lions Foundation – Past President
- St. Clements’ Church Building and Grounds Committee
- Saratoga Springs Affordable Housing Trust Fund Committee
- Veteran & Community Housing Coalition, Foreverly House Building Committee
- Saratoga Blue Streaks Hall of Fame Committee
- Melvin Jones Fellow for Outstanding Service to the Saratoga Springs Community
- Robert J. Uplinger Distinguished Service Award
- Bronze Lion, Lions Eye Institute at Albany
"I have complete trust in this team. They always represent the best interests of our district and have an honest, fair-minded approach."
– Jim Montesano, Superintendent, Nyack Public Schools
“As the Senator who represents a majority of the Adirondack Park, I have found this report to be extremely valuable to me as I work to ensure the future of the people who reside and make a living within the confines of the Park.”
– Elizabeth Little, New York State Senator
“It has been the most rewarding professional experience to work with this firm. Thank you for all your creativity and astute attention to application – you make my job easier. I am your most loyal and thankful client.”
– Sonny Bonacio, President, Bonacio Construction