A First For Buffalo, New York
In September 2013, Governor Andrew M. Cuomo presented his vision for a dramatic transformation of the City of Buffalo’s largely vacant Outer Harbor waterfront into a new state park, Buffalo Harbor State Park.
The LA Group provided subconsultant landscape architectural services to redesign the break-wall at the existing marina.
Scope of services included concept plan development; preparation of presentation graphics including illustrative plans, sections and 3-D renderings; preliminary and final construction documents; cost estimates; and construction administration. Scope also included bi-weekly design review meetings with the client.
The final project includes:
- A new marina-side revetment
- Pedestrian walkway, overlooks, fishing access and seating
- A gateway entrance plaza with decorative stone columns and steel structure
- Amphitheater-style boulder seating
- Custom pergola and vine plantings
- Raised perennial planters retained with fitted limestone boulders
- Meadow grass plantings