Sports and Recreation Design
Leaders in the field.
We have made our mark in the industry creating sports and recreation environments for educational, entertainment, athletic, and hospitality venues. Our process engages the voices that matter and builds buy-in, consensus, and enthusiasm. Whether it’s a campus-wide athletic plan or complex, historic resort or municipal park, The LA Group designs spaces that inspire success.
Sports and recreation design projects take special expertise – being able to predict trends, envision the impact of design, and understand the psychological nature of recreation, retreat, and athletic competition. Our impressive portfolio and satisfied clients can attest that we can do it all while still designing creative and beautiful spaces that inspire long-lasting memories and impressions.
We also believe that each project requires a big-picture mindset; and this means bringing specialized team skills to the table, from master planning, landscape architecture and civil engineering, to low impact design and our specialized talent for navigating necessary permits and approvals.
Above all, we are focused on helping our clients define goals and give shape to the bigger picture to ensure we’re providing an artfully designed, functional, and cost-effective environment that makes an impact.
Specialized experience in:
- Collegiate and K-12 athletic complex design
- Municipal recreation, including parks and boat launches
- Sports courts and fields
- Synthetic turf or natural grass for football, soccer, lacrosse, field hockey, and softball, baseball
- Track and field complexes
- Outdoor tennis and basketball courts or complexes
- Bleacher seating, press boxes, field lighting, and concessions
- Resort planning and design for both new properties and the revitalization of landmark historic properties
- Luxury and boutique hotel properties
- Ski resort planning and design, including trail systems, public spaces, and residential development
- Theme and amusement parks and museums
- Golf course planning, design, and restoration
The memory of Friday night lights.
"I have complete trust in this team. They always represent the best interests of our district and have an honest, fair-minded approach."
– Jim Montesano, Superintendent, Nyack Public Schools